Canary islands #2 The most beautiful landscapes : Timamfaya, el Golfo &Yaiza


As promised in the last Travel article, here are some of the most beautiful landscapes of the island of Lanzarote. Yes, so to qualify what I said recently, I did not just take naps and eat during my holidays. During the week we spent on the island of the archipelago of the Canary Islands, we getaway one day. We did not look very far to organize this trip, we booked our seats for one of the tours sale by the operator who made ​​the tour of the island. At 9 am, a bus came to pick us (and other guests) and we went for a whole day. Among the places visited, here are those offering the most beautiful and / or spectacular scenery.


To start, we went to the Timanfaya National Park. Lanzarote is a volcanic island and three quarters of its surface is covered with volcanic eruptions. The island has about a hundred volcanoes that are still active. The largest volcanic eruption dates from the eighteenth century, and from the words of our French speaking guide, it lasted no less than 6 years! In the 70s, Timanfaya National Park has been created and according to what the guide said it occupies about a quarter of the territory of the island. In this area, only 20% of the territory has been « touched » by Men leaving intact the remaining 80%.


I’ve had the opportunity to visit Vesuvius and Pompeii (long ago), but here is one other thing. The extensive lava flows is so large that for miles around, you can see it and only that. Volcanoes of sight, volcanic rocks. In the park, on a height of a site visit was arranged. We may fully appreciate the view. On site, there are even demonstrations that allow you to see how the site is … hot. Digging only a few feet, the earth is hot and can ignite some straws. Apart from this site, the visit can only be done by bus. Even private vehicles must remain park to take a bus.






* * *

Other site Lanzarote offering great views: El Golfo. It is a small village located south of the Timanfaya National Park, along the sea characteristic of the village is that it has a lagoon … Green! This color is due to the presence of micro plant body. To perceive this lagoon from the earth, you have to climb a small rocky hill that offers a beautiful view.





* * *

And finally, one of the most beautiful views that this excursion offered on the island of Lanzarote is a view overlooking the village of Yaiza.



In the next article I’m talking about other sites visited on the island of Lanzarote.


Kim, tricoteuse passionnée

Kim, tricoteuse passionnée

Merci d'avoir pris le temps de me lire.
Pour être notifié des nouvelles publications, recevoir les bons plans et ne rater aucune actualité, abonne-toi à la newsletter !

Inscription à la Newsletter

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse e-mail ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *

Ces articles peuvent t'intéresser